Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule heating in superconductor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi~

I have a problem in Joule heating in superconductor
The Superconductor's resistivity depend on Temperature and "current density" both!

rho = f(T,J)

how can i handle current density?
Is it available to use expression of current density to put in rho value?

please help me~

2 Replies Last Post Jul 30, 2010, 10:27 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Won Hee Sung

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 16, 2010, 9:50 p.m. EDT
Hi!,

It is extrange no one have responded to your question. I also have similar question, but I also want to add the magnetic field dependance, so rho = f(T,J,B)

Good luck!

Hi~

I have a problem in Joule heating in superconductor
The Superconductor's resistivity depend on Temperature and "current density" both!

rho = f(T,J)

how can i handle current density?
Is it available to use expression of current density to put in rho value?

please help me~

Hi!, It is extrange no one have responded to your question. I also have similar question, but I also want to add the magnetic field dependance, so rho = f(T,J,B) Good luck! [QUOTE] Hi~ I have a problem in Joule heating in superconductor The Superconductor's resistivity depend on Temperature and "current density" both! rho = f(T,J) how can i handle current density? Is it available to use expression of current density to put in rho value? please help me~ [/QUOTE]

Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 30, 2010, 10:27 a.m. EDT
Hi,

this is sure possible with COMSOL. You can define functions of several arguments. The functions can be analytical where the number of arguments is practically not limited, but you can also define interpolation functions of at least 3 variables.

If you are using COMSOL 4.0a, please start Help > Documentation and seah for "Defining an Interpolation Function",
there spatial variables are given as an example but the function can be interpolated depending on a generic set of 3 input variables, e.g. T,J and B.

Best regards,
Sven
Hi, this is sure possible with COMSOL. You can define functions of several arguments. The functions can be analytical where the number of arguments is practically not limited, but you can also define interpolation functions of at least 3 variables. If you are using COMSOL 4.0a, please start Help > Documentation and seah for "Defining an Interpolation Function", there spatial variables are given as an example but the function can be interpolated depending on a generic set of 3 input variables, e.g. T,J and B. Best regards, Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.