Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Tribulation with meshing in RF module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hopes all of you are fine.

I am working on the efficiency of a grating coupler in COMSOL "RF Module>In Plane Wave> TE wave> Harmonic propagation" . I can successfully simulate the coupler but now a days I am facing some confusion with the type of meshing I used.

As far I know: "The finer the meshing the better would be the accuracy". But unfortunately I am getting some confusing result in my simulator. The finest meshing is giving me poor result than the coarse one.

I have simulated the same geometry for different meshing condition e.g., fine, normal, coarse etc. and have got the efficiency curve for different types of meshing.

The graph of efficiency of the the same grating coupler for different meshing condition is attached here. The meshed geometry is also attached for convenience.

I am confused that What type of meshing should I consider for getting accurate result.

I would like to have suggestion from you.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 2, 2011, 8:17 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 2, 2011, 8:17 a.m. EDT
Sorry I have forgotten to attach the simulated profile of the model.
Sorry I have forgotten to attach the simulated profile of the model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.