Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with Ill-conditioned preconditioner warning

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am trying to model the effect of flowing water on a non-permeable membrane in a volume of water. The membrane is pushed upward by an applied pressure ranging from 1000 to 2000 Pa. The water flows over the membrane at a rate of 1L/hr.

When I try to solve the problem, however, I get an ill-conditioned preconditioner warning, which I assume is not good for the results. Also, the model does not converge for large applied pressures, which may or may not be a related problem.

I am a new comsol user, so let me know if anymore information is needed.

Thanks for any help, James

1 Reply Last Post Jul 11, 2011, 2:24 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 11, 2011, 2:24 p.m. EDT
I seemed to have attached the wrong file. Here's the one i'm currently working on

Thanks for any help!
I seemed to have attached the wrong file. Here's the one i'm currently working on Thanks for any help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.