Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[comsol 3.5a]Extrusion coupling variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I have the same 3D geometry in two different geometry space, geom1 and geom2.
In geom1 I launch a radiation (heat transfer) analysis, with this analysis i find T distribution i particular on one surface.
Now I want to assign this T distribution obtained along one interesting boundary in the corrisponding boundary in geom2 to launch a conduction analysis.
I have tried to use Extrusion coupling variables with linear transformation (source and destination are the same surfaces only in different geom) and launch the 2 analysis at the same time but in conduction analysis I don't find the T distribution that i try to assign with extrusion variables.
Thank you in advance
Luca

1 Reply Last Post Jan 7, 2010, 2:58 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 7, 2010, 2:58 p.m. EST

Hello
I have the same 3D geometry in two different geometry space, geom1 and geom2.
In geom1 I launch a radiation (heat transfer) analysis, with this analysis i find T distribution i particular on one surface.
Now I want to assign this T distribution obtained along one interesting boundary in the corrisponding boundary in geom2 to launch a conduction analysis.
I have tried to use Extrusion coupling variables with linear transformation (source and destination are the same surfaces only in different geom) and launch the 2 analysis at the same time but in conduction analysis I don't find the T distribution that i try to assign with extrusion variables.
Thank you in advance
Luca

Hello Luca,

please check following thread:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/994/
There is an excellent description of how to use coupling variables there, given by Ivar Kjelberg

God Luck
/janusz
[QUOTE] Hello I have the same 3D geometry in two different geometry space, geom1 and geom2. In geom1 I launch a radiation (heat transfer) analysis, with this analysis i find T distribution i particular on one surface. Now I want to assign this T distribution obtained along one interesting boundary in the corrisponding boundary in geom2 to launch a conduction analysis. I have tried to use Extrusion coupling variables with linear transformation (source and destination are the same surfaces only in different geom) and launch the 2 analysis at the same time but in conduction analysis I don't find the T distribution that i try to assign with extrusion variables. Thank you in advance Luca [/QUOTE] Hello Luca, please check following thread: http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/994/ There is an excellent description of how to use coupling variables there, given by Ivar Kjelberg God Luck /janusz

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.