Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error saving file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

My model is based on a geometry imported from a .stp file. I use stationary electric current physics. When it solves the problem, there is a message saying "error saving file" and the result returns 0 everywhere. I cleared files from my disc for making enough space, but it still won't work.

Anyone knows what this error means and how to make it work?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies Last Post Sep 26, 2012, 5:38 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Qingyi Han

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 21, 2012, 1:54 p.m. EDT
Hello,

I am facing the same problem. Did you resolve it out? could you please explain me a little. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Cheers
Hemant
Hello, I am facing the same problem. Did you resolve it out? could you please explain me a little. I would appreciate your help. Thanks a lot in advance. -Cheers Hemant

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 21, 2012, 3:06 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I think that my problem was resolved, but it's been a long time ago, so I can't remember exactly.
However, there may be a couple of things you can try:
- check the available place in your disc.
- remove all the files created automatically by comsol (there is a .comsol file somewhere, sometimes hidden, so you should change the status of your file browser).
Here are all I can say for now. Let me know.

Good luck,

--
QH
Hi, I think that my problem was resolved, but it's been a long time ago, so I can't remember exactly. However, there may be a couple of things you can try: - check the available place in your disc. - remove all the files created automatically by comsol (there is a .comsol file somewhere, sometimes hidden, so you should change the status of your file browser). Here are all I can say for now. Let me know. Good luck, -- QH

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 22, 2012, 2:44 p.m. EDT
Hello QH,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I have tried several things including,

1. Deleting all the temp files form my desktop using a tool called ccleaner. I have deleted .comsol files present in my user profile.

2. I created a temporary folder (in an external 500 GB drive) to redirect the comsol temp files to avoid memory outages. I changed the comsol.ini file to achieve this.

3. I have a 16GB RAM workstation which is ready to be used by COMSOL.

Nothing has worked out so far. Do you have any other suggestion?

-Cheers
Hemant
Hello QH, Thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried several things including, 1. Deleting all the temp files form my desktop using a tool called ccleaner. I have deleted .comsol files present in my user profile. 2. I created a temporary folder (in an external 500 GB drive) to redirect the comsol temp files to avoid memory outages. I changed the comsol.ini file to achieve this. 3. I have a 16GB RAM workstation which is ready to be used by COMSOL. Nothing has worked out so far. Do you have any other suggestion? -Cheers Hemant

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2012, 5:38 p.m. EDT
Hi Hemant,

In this case, maybe the error has nothing to do with the saving profile.
I remember that I had a lot of problems with the CAD import module, which can cause some wired internal errors.
Actually, my work was to import some human body geometries in format .stp from Catia V5.
During my work, at every step I checked everything and saved the file before making further changes, which allowed me to do backward in case of problem.
If you are doing the same work, I think you won't have choice to do it over, because in this case, the problem is much more complicated.

Best,

--
QH
Hi Hemant, In this case, maybe the error has nothing to do with the saving profile. I remember that I had a lot of problems with the CAD import module, which can cause some wired internal errors. Actually, my work was to import some human body geometries in format .stp from Catia V5. During my work, at every step I checked everything and saved the file before making further changes, which allowed me to do backward in case of problem. If you are doing the same work, I think you won't have choice to do it over, because in this case, the problem is much more complicated. Best, -- QH

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.