Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time average and horizontal average

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I have built a 3D time-dependent model with laminar flow and heat transfer. I have got some results like temperature and velocity fields over the fluid domain.
I would like to plot:
1/ the time-averaged temperature field
2/ the vertical temperature profile (i.e. T(z)=int(T(x,y,z),x,y))
I can't find the way to do that in the results node. How could I do?
Thanks for your help!

3 Replies Last Post Oct 24, 2011, 9:14 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antoine Baudoin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 24, 2011, 8:27 a.m. EDT
Hi,
the answer comes late, but I am just now looking for an answer to a similar problem. The solution I found, uses a ODE module integrating the variable over the time.
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/913/
It would be nice, if a time integration could be done in the result node without changing the model and resolving it.

Best regards,
Stefan
Hi, the answer comes late, but I am just now looking for an answer to a similar problem. The solution I found, uses a ODE module integrating the variable over the time. http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/913/ It would be nice, if a time integration could be done in the result node without changing the model and resolving it. Best regards, Stefan

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 24, 2011, 8:58 a.m. EDT
Stefan, That feature is implemented in version 4.2a. See www.comsol.com/products/4.2a/ under "Data Operations on Results".
Stefan, That feature is implemented in version 4.2a. See http://www.comsol.com/products/4.2a/ under "Data Operations on Results".

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 24, 2011, 9:14 a.m. EDT
Hi Jean-Francois,
thank you for the quit response! I had not yet upgraded to 4.2a, so I will do it now!
Kind regards,
Stefan
Hi Jean-Francois, thank you for the quit response! I had not yet upgraded to 4.2a, so I will do it now! Kind regards, Stefan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.