Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot a 1D graph using a Custom line?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using COMSOL 4.1 to solve a heat transfer problem and i've solved it successfully the problem is that i need to get a 1D Graph at different locations on the surface of the substrate.

I Could only do this by splitting the substrate into two parts and using the separating edge as an input for the plot.

but i need to get readings at much different places any solution to this?

The image illustrates the problem, i want for example to plot using the red line drawn on the substrate and not using a pre-done edge.

any help?

thanks

2 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2012, 5:33 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 22, 2011, 1:56 a.m. EDT
Hi

try a right click on the "Data Sets" and add a "line", then create a line plot attached to the new data set

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try a right click on the "Data Sets" and add a "line", then create a line plot attached to the new data set -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 3, 2012, 5:33 a.m. EDT
Thanks Ivar
Thanks Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.