Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating 2D geometry for fluid flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to create a microscale 2D channel for fluid flow. The channel is created in a polymer cube and the cube is bonded onto a rectangular glass slip. There is a microscale Nickel strip attached on the underside of the glass slip, which acts as a heater and heats the flowing fluid in the channel.

How can I model this system in COMSOL 4.2?

I have been trying to use the regular geometries and intersections for the channel but I think the software takes all the geometries to be fluid and asks for an input in the field of dynamic viscosity for Nickel and polymer.

I would appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 7, 2011, 11:01 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2011, 11:01 a.m. EDT
Hi

when you start in CFD or FSI COMSOL assumes all fluid, you need to add or specify the domains that are liear elastic, or conducting etc, or exclude them from the Fluid main phyiscs node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when you start in CFD or FSI COMSOL assumes all fluid, you need to add or specify the domains that are liear elastic, or conducting etc, or exclude them from the Fluid main phyiscs node -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.