Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sequential analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am going to find the temperature distribution in an object in the first step as transient solution then use the temperature as an input for the next step to find the stress distribution inside the object

my question is how I can input for example the 120th time step temperature for the corresponding 120th time step in structural analysis module?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 11, 2011, 7:52 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2011, 7:52 a.m. EDT
Hi

What you can do is to solve first the temperature up to t=120, then store the solution and solve the structural
you need to define two temporal solver nodes, and select only one physics per solver (COMSOL will add a "store solution and start from initial" automatically (if no other solver has already been set up).

Better is two couple both and solve both together in one solver sequence (the solver might the real solving process separate in a segregation list, but then both are solved in sequence

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi What you can do is to solve first the temperature up to t=120, then store the solution and solve the structural you need to define two temporal solver nodes, and select only one physics per solver (COMSOL will add a "store solution and start from initial" automatically (if no other solver has already been set up). Better is two couple both and solve both together in one solver sequence (the solver might the real solving process separate in a segregation list, but then both are solved in sequence -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.