Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Saving Model Output Intermittently During an HPC run

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I have a simple problem that I have been having trouble solving: Is it possible to have COMSOL save multiple output files during an HPC run? Currently, if a run fails to complete, no output file will be saved, which makes it very difficult to diagnose problems. I would like to save output files at some fixed time interval in order to access the model output that was produced before the run failed.

Thanks very much for the help!

Cheers,
Mitch Bushuk

1 Reply Last Post Oct 10, 2011, 6:39 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 10, 2011, 6:39 p.m. EDT
I am hoping someone will answer this thread because even I would like to save my output intermittently.

For now, I direct my output to a text file. So even when the run fails, I can see the log file.

However when I direct my output to a text file and the run fails due to a memory issue then the message shown in the log file is not accurate. The log file still says failed to find a solution for initial parameters even though its a memory error.

Sirisha
I am hoping someone will answer this thread because even I would like to save my output intermittently. For now, I direct my output to a text file. So even when the run fails, I can see the log file. However when I direct my output to a text file and the run fails due to a memory issue then the message shown in the log file is not accurate. The log file still says failed to find a solution for initial parameters even though its a memory error. Sirisha

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.