Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cylinder(Pase change material)+pipe(fluid)

Carlos Perez de la Blanca Castellano

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I have to analyse the charging/discharging mode of a Phase Change Material storage heated with a pipe running inside with heat transfer fluid,but i dont know anything about Comsol program.

I have made the design at Inventor and i have already introduced it into Comsol(conjugate heat transfer module).I have introduced the storage and the pipe materials(stainless steel and aluminum),but i dont know how to introduce the fluid inside the pipe and make it flows,the PCM inside the storage and the boundary conditions(conduction and convection)

I would like to do 2 analysis:

--Stationary model,to ensure the temperature in all areas remained above the melting point.
--Transient,to check the time required to reach the desired temperature.

I know im asking you too,but any help you can give me i will be grateful!!Im new with this program!!!!!!!

Thank you for your time,

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Replies Last Post Oct 11, 2011, 11:47 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Carlos Perez de la Blanca Castellano

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.