Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermoelectric generator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning everyone,

I have some difficulties to calculate the output power of a TEG generator in COMSOL. Simply, until now, I have modelised the TEG, putting two temperature boundaries condition and the ground electric condition.

I can calculate the voltage of the open circuit and the temperature discretisation but since I don't have a load resistance, the circuit is opened then no current and no power generated.

Have you got an idea how to modelise my load resistance to generate the output power of my TEG.

Thanks a lot,

Gauthier.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 30, 2019, 4:08 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 30, 2019, 10:01 a.m. EDT

Hi Gauthier,

you can add a circuit physics node to your model. I think there are examples for that in the application library.

Good luck, Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Gauthier, you can add a circuit physics node to your model. I think there are examples for that in the application library. Good luck, Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 30, 2019, 4:08 p.m. EDT

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for your fast answer.

I am a new user of COMSOL, I had a look on circuit physics, I created a resistor but I have some difficulties about the terminal and the way "to pin" the resistor with my TEG but I am still looking to tackle this problem.

Regards,

Gauthier

Hi Edgar, Thanks for your fast answer. I am a new user of COMSOL, I had a look on circuit physics, I created a resistor but I have some difficulties about the terminal and the way "to pin" the resistor with my TEG but I am still looking to tackle this problem. Regards, Gauthier

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.