Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Units problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to set up a model about endothermic reaction in a tube reactor. Hydrogen is produced in the process of reaction. When I used -k*c_A*deltaH to express heating source, the program regarded the unit was wrong. Also, when I used 3*k*c_A to express the production of hydrogen, the progran again regarded the unit was wrong. Can anybody explain why?
Thank you very much.

2 Replies Last Post Oct 27, 2011, 2:00 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2011, 1:24 p.m. EDT
Hi

I suppose it all depends what are the units of your variables and where you used them. I believe you should dump an image at least with some more details to give us a better clue. many fields in COMSOL are "per element dx*dy*dz) hence the demand for density units

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suppose it all depends what are the units of your variables and where you used them. I believe you should dump an image at least with some more details to give us a better clue. many fields in COMSOL are "per element dx*dy*dz) hence the demand for density units -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2011, 2:00 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,
Thank you for the quick response. I have solved the problem.
Best regards,
Xuxian
Hi Ivar, Thank you for the quick response. I have solved the problem. Best regards, Xuxian

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.