Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer in phase change material

Carlos Perez de la Blanca Castellano

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to see the heat transfer between the pipe-fins-solar salt produced by the inner wall(of the pipe) at 300 ºC in this model!!

Why i dont get any result???I think the result should be different.

Please,i would be grateful of any suggestion!!

Thank you

4 Replies Last Post Nov 3, 2011, 5:02 a.m. EDT
Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 2, 2011, 1:24 p.m. EDT
Hi,
The diameter of your tank is about 520 meters and diameter of the tube is about 80 meters. Are those real sizes?
Hi, The diameter of your tank is about 520 meters and diameter of the tube is about 80 meters. Are those real sizes?

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 2, 2011, 2:06 p.m. EDT

Hi!!Thanks for your reply!!!

No,it shouldnt be like that.I made the design in Inventor and imported it into comsol.But when i did the design,the measures where 500 mm and 50 mm or something like that,but not so high(meters).

Do you think is there anything wrong with the sizes??I will check it!!!

Hi!!Thanks for your reply!!! No,it shouldnt be like that.I made the design in Inventor and imported it into comsol.But when i did the design,the measures where 500 mm and 50 mm or something like that,but not so high(meters). Do you think is there anything wrong with the sizes??I will check it!!!

Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 2, 2011, 2:46 p.m. EDT
Hi,
Click on the Geometry node (in your mph file). Note Lenght unit: m (you can change it) and the scale on axes in the Graphics window!
Hi, Click on the Geometry node (in your mph file). Note Lenght unit: m (you can change it) and the scale on axes in the Graphics window!

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 3, 2011, 5:02 a.m. EDT

Hi!!!

It seems it works!!!!!!I

Thank you very much,really,im very grateful!!!!!!
Hi!!! It seems it works!!!!!!I Thank you very much,really,im very grateful!!!!!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.