Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FNL license not validated -- "SERIAL" feature does not "exist"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I've been waiting 2 days for tech support to answer this question, so I thought maybe I could get faster help from the forum. I imported our most recent FNL license file to our license server as usual, but when attempting to install Version 5.4 on any client computer, we receive the following error message:

"The license could not be validated, please contact support@comsol.com for assistance and include the error message below. No such feature exists. Feature: SERIAL License path: C:\Users\redacteduser\AppData\Local\Temp\cscomsol17861\comsol8993337746169048967.dat; FlexNet Licensing error:-5,414"

Interestingly, with the new (problematic) license file in place, we can still run older versions of COMSOL clients (e.g., version 5.3) without issue, it is just installation of version 5.4 that encounters the above error.

Any ideas?

P.S. This old thread of mine may also be relevant to the current problem: www.comsol.com/forum/thread/31144/flexera-lmadmin-with-comsol

2 Replies Last Post Jun 10, 2019, 9:13 p.m. EDT

Posted: 5 years ago Jun 9, 2019, 10:05 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jun 9, 2019, 10:05 p.m. EDT

I think you need to update your license manager - lmgrd, LMCOMSOL, etc. in your license server.

https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1252/

Thanks.

I think you need to update your license manager - lmgrd, LMCOMSOL, etc. in your license server. https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1252/ Thanks.

Posted: 5 years ago Jun 10, 2019, 9:13 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jun 10, 2019, 9:10 p.m. EDT

Thank you for responding. However, the instructions provided in KB 1252 & KB 1022 are only applicable to the lmgrd and lmtools license managers. We are using Flexera's lmadmin license manager, so the procedure for updating are not clear.

Thank you for responding. However, the instructions provided in KB 1252 & KB 1022 are only applicable to the lmgrd and lmtools license managers. We are using Flexera's lmadmin license manager, so the procedure for updating are not clear.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.