Multiturn coil_time based simulation_Pulseshape based voltage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have simulated a multiturn coil (with a Yoke) using AC-DC COMSOL 5.2. The DC simulation does show a succesful simulation results with a magnetic field lines (streamlines) generated according to the shape of Yoke due to its higher magnetic permiability.

Now, I want to simulate a AC based system, with a rectangular shaped voltage pulse. Everthing is going perfect and smooth, but the magnetic field genrated is not similar to that of DC, infact I am unable to see any magnetic field lines in the whole system.

Is it the time step I should be concerned of? The direction of applied current and produced magnetic field (using Arrow line) does change like an alternatic current when I run the animation, but I am not able to generate the magnetic field lines (streamlines), like that of DC.

Could any one guide me and explain me where my AC simulations are going wrong? I would really appriciate your help. ! Attached a image of rectangular pulse shape.

Note: I wont be able to upload any geometry related images or .mph file to this forum.

Thank you very much.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.