Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with heat transfer model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi i have i problem with a heat transfer polygon, the thing is that i put a thermal insulation, but i don't know why the temperature in all the polygon is the one i put as the exterior

1 Reply Last Post Nov 15, 2011, 1:05 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 15, 2011, 1:05 p.m. EST
Hi

if you have an isolated object and except for one side, and you do a stationary study you will en up at the same temperature everywhere, you constant T boundary will provide or extract the amount required to stabilise the temperature, and in stationary you wait an "infinite " long time.
If you solve in temporal, you will see the temperature change gently depending on the thermal diffusivity alpha = k/rho/Cp your model size and the time steps you choose

There is one case where noting happens in time and statioanry solving. It is when the intial temperature is set to T0, and your control boundary is set to the same value T0

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you have an isolated object and except for one side, and you do a stationary study you will en up at the same temperature everywhere, you constant T boundary will provide or extract the amount required to stabilise the temperature, and in stationary you wait an "infinite " long time. If you solve in temporal, you will see the temperature change gently depending on the thermal diffusivity alpha = k/rho/Cp your model size and the time steps you choose There is one case where noting happens in time and statioanry solving. It is when the intial temperature is set to T0, and your control boundary is set to the same value T0 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.