Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to eliminate this error?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
While i was solving gravity loaded beam analysis i have encountered error "Massmatrix is zero" . Any body help me in solving this error:)...

Krishna Chaitanya S.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 18, 2011, 10:11 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 17, 2011, 12:53 p.m. EST
Hi

it's that you have reach some kind of singularity, but there are many possibilities,
insufficient BC,
or BC that change and go through critical valus,
cases when the results say 0=0 (not easy to decide where to go from there) ....

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's that you have reach some kind of singularity, but there are many possibilities, insufficient BC, or BC that change and go through critical valus, cases when the results say 0=0 (not easy to decide where to go from there) .... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2011, 10:11 a.m. EST
Hi,
Thanks Ivar. I missed out one boundary condition while solving that happened to trigger this error.

Krishna Chaitanya S .
Hi, Thanks Ivar. I missed out one boundary condition while solving that happened to trigger this error. Krishna Chaitanya S .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.