Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No viscous strees in outlet 3D - Mixture Model K-Epsilon Turbulent Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks,

I have an issue that has been puzzling me for last couple of days...

I have an multiphase (glass spheres in water) flow , and I am using the Mixture Model with k-epsilon turbulence to
do the modelling.

I have inlet velocity and outlet P=0, with no viscous stress. But when I change the outlet to just "no viscous stress" at the outlet, the file just freezes when running the simulation.

This happens all the time... :S

Can anyone provide with some insight on this subject?
I have attached the file.

Cheers,

Rui

0 Replies Last Post Nov 18, 2011, 11:26 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rui Silva

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.