Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

export data in the transient analysis (automatically export to a series of well labeled files)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am now doing transient analysis. After COMSOL calculation, I need to export the data at different time to a series of files. Then other programs can process these data.

Is there a way to do this automatically? Currently I am doing this manually (~20 files). But as the times resolution gets smaller and smaller, I need to export to a lot more files which will be painful.

What I need is : a way to automatically export data (for a transient analysis at a series of time value) to a series of files (well numbered or well labeled) . I know it must be somewhere in COMSOL already. I know I can do this with the help of Matlab. But I hope I can do this in the COMSOL GUI interface.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 18, 2011, 3:42 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2011, 3:42 p.m. EST
Hi

the only "automatic mode I know is via matlab (or a java now in the new version) check the Livelink for matlab and programming doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the only "automatic mode I know is via matlab (or a java now in the new version) check the Livelink for matlab and programming doc -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.