Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Arrow plot only in the part of the domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a very narrow geomtery (length>>diameter). Is there anyway to use the arrow plot only in the part of the domain (where the important phenomenon takes place)?.

I tried arrow plot with the the preserve aspect ratio in the view unchecked. Arrows look like horizontal lines.

3 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2011, 12:12 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2011, 2:24 a.m. EST
Hi

you can add a "filer" subnode to your plot and set a Boolean condition there in, or select only 1-2 domains (easier ifyou cut your volume into regions of interest, a few additional internal boundaries are not RAM demanding, and often handy to perform postprocessing on

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can add a "filer" subnode to your plot and set a Boolean condition there in, or select only 1-2 domains (easier ifyou cut your volume into regions of interest, a few additional internal boundaries are not RAM demanding, and often handy to perform postprocessing on -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2011, 11:25 a.m. EST
Thank you, Ivar. I very much appreciate your help.

Using filter subnode plots arrows only in the required region which is good for me. However it still shows the whole geometry even though I am plotting only in 1/4 of the length. Can we specify the axial length scale in the plot settings using boolean operations?.

I am not yet very comfortable with creating good geometries. Is it easy to cut the final geometry into small domains? or do we need to start from the scratch?
Thank you, Ivar. I very much appreciate your help. Using filter subnode plots arrows only in the required region which is good for me. However it still shows the whole geometry even though I am plotting only in 1/4 of the length. Can we specify the axial length scale in the plot settings using boolean operations?. I am not yet very comfortable with creating good geometries. Is it easy to cut the final geometry into small domains? or do we need to start from the scratch?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2011, 12:12 p.m. EST
Hi

not ure about that, but a cleaner way is to make a new data set direced from the original solution (right click data Set) and then include only some selected domains

There is no major difficulty, or complexity by adding several internal boundaries. These can be (in 2D) single lines cutting the geoemtry (i.e. a box) from one side/edge to another or from one vertex to another. Note that by default a "line in COMSOL is a polyline (joint set of lines, that by default will loop around to frm a domain. In 3D you need to define surfaces, or via workplanes with a closed loop surface

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not ure about that, but a cleaner way is to make a new data set direced from the original solution (right click data Set) and then include only some selected domains There is no major difficulty, or complexity by adding several internal boundaries. These can be (in 2D) single lines cutting the geoemtry (i.e. a box) from one side/edge to another or from one vertex to another. Note that by default a "line in COMSOL is a polyline (joint set of lines, that by default will loop around to frm a domain. In 3D you need to define surfaces, or via workplanes with a closed loop surface -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.