Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem relative to variable material properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

(all are in the .pdf attachment. Thanks)

Hi, everyone,

Recently, I have tried to build a temperature-dependent material properties, but it fails because of some certain unknown reason. Would you mind checking it and giving me some guidance? Thanks a lot.
According to all what I know, I definite three "Piecewise function"s just under the Model 1 --> Materials --> Material 1 --> Basic branch, just shown in Fig. 1.

In order to check its validity, I defined a local variable with the name of “dp” (see Fig. 2) to visualize it. While after I solve the model, I come to the Result --> 2D plot group --> surface, and use the variable “dp” to present the expression to plot the density distribution in the domain, which should be different due to the temperature difference. The
“Unknown function or operator.
-Name : dTS
-Plot: surf1(Surface)”
error occurs. I am quite puzzle about this. Please give me some guidance. Thanks.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Yours
FM Huang
Dec.20th,2011

1 Reply Last Post Dec 20, 2011, 3:08 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 20, 2011, 3:08 a.m. EST

I have solve this problem. because there is a Piecewise function under the "Material"--> "Basic" branch, hence , the right citation is
"mod1.mat1.def.d(mod1.T[1/k])" or similar (using the T instead).
I have solve this problem. because there is a Piecewise function under the "Material"--> "Basic" branch, hence , the right citation is "mod1.mat1.def.d(mod1.T[1/k])" or similar (using the T instead).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.