Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Volume Force for Malaria infected blood material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model blood flow with Malaria infected blood (laminar flow, stationary navier-stokes equation), and need to define the volume force to introduce Malaria to the simulation. However, I am not very familiar with the field and do not understand what "r" and "z" stand for in the menu. I am currenty looking for an equation to use, but do not know in which entry it would go. Could anybody explain or point me in the right direction?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 4, 2020, 3:55 p.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 4, 2020, 3:55 p.m. EST

Hi Cory,

It sounds like you've already chosen the equation (Navier-Stokes). In a 2D axisymmetric model, r and z refer to the radial and axial directions and coordinates.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Cory, It sounds like you've already chosen the equation (Navier-Stokes). In a 2D axisymmetric model, r and z refer to the radial and axial directions and coordinates. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.