Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Confusion in plotting an interpolation function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOLers,

In the simplified COMSOL model attached (testCOMSOL.mph) I am using an interpolation function to import a 3D matrix of heat distribution in a cylindrical body, produced and saved as txt by other software ((Edep_Results_mod2.txt)), which is used in the model as an input/boundary condition. The imported data are distributed with the following limits: for x- and y-axis, each, from -2.5 cm to 2.5 cm and for the z-axis from 0 cm to 4 cm, all with 1 cm binning. The problem: when I "plot" the interpolation function, I find that the plot goes in y-axis from -2.5 to 2.5 and in z-axis from 0 to 4, as it must be. On the other hand, in the x-axis it goes from -2 to 2, which is not correct, as it must plot it from (-2.5 to 2.5)! What I am missing here? Or why is this happens?

Regards, Tamer

1 Reply Last Post Mar 17, 2020, 4:20 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 17, 2020, 4:20 a.m. EDT

Tamer,

it is just a visualization issue in the plot preview. If you create a plot and increase the number of planes or look at xy-planes you will see that the function is properly covered.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Tamer, it is just a visualization issue in the plot preview. If you create a plot and increase the number of planes or look at xy-planes you will see that the function is properly covered. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.