Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import 3D workplace to 2D simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I draw some in workspace at 3D geometry. After that I extruded it for 3D simulation.

I tried to export these geometry to use it in 2D simulation. But in fail it said that it is not compatible with 2D geometry.

Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 25, 2012, 2:25 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2012, 2:25 a.m. EST
Hi

have you tried to export only the 2D workspace geometry (if it's possible not sure) as a 3D geometry cannot be converted to 2D without some projection operations, and that is missing in COMSOL. I mostly use an external CAD

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to export only the 2D workspace geometry (if it's possible not sure) as a 3D geometry cannot be converted to 2D without some projection operations, and that is missing in COMSOL. I mostly use an external CAD -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.