Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in Comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently trying to model an absorption column. However, I am coming across an error

Failed to evaluate variable.
-Variable: c
-Geometry: 1
-Subdomain: 1
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: c

I am assuming this is an error due to my lack of experience with the program and any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 29, 2012, 2:45 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 29, 2012, 2:45 a.m. EST
Hi

The variable "c" is nomally the name of the COMSOL internal variable for the concetration of a species, either you have used it for your own variable name (then I would have expected a duplicate variable name error), or it could be that for your (sub-)domain 1 the variable c concentration is not or wrongly defined (no value, error in the equation.

Thats my best guess. "Re-"check all BC and physics values for (sub-)domain 1 you will probably find something ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi The variable "c" is nomally the name of the COMSOL internal variable for the concetration of a species, either you have used it for your own variable name (then I would have expected a duplicate variable name error), or it could be that for your (sub-)domain 1 the variable c concentration is not or wrongly defined (no value, error in the equation. Thats my best guess. "Re-"check all BC and physics values for (sub-)domain 1 you will probably find something ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.