Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

scalar expression error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, right now i'm working on COMSOL 3D (conduction and diffusion; conduction and convection). I'm very confuse about what is happening on my model which I input them on scalar expression. the expression is like this:
KA = 37.476[1/Pa]
KP = 143.99[Pa]
E = 19.3[kJ/mol]
A = 16614[mol/(m^2*s)]
ks2 = A*exp(-E/(8.314[J/(mol*K)]*T))
P_ch4 = c_ch4*8.314[J/(mol*K)]*T
P_h2 = c_h2*8.314[J/(mol*K)]*T
rate = (ks2*KA/KP)*(((KP*P_ch4)-(P_h2^2))/((1+KA*P_ch4)^2))

The dependence variable are c_ch4, c_h2 and T which the initial value are 18000, 0, and 300

I need to modify the reaction rate due to its produce too little hydrogen, so I modify the A, KA and KP. Unfortunately, nothing is happened. I don't know why but its results as the same even if I change the A, KA, and KP in extreme. Ihope somebody can help me solving my problem. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Peter

0 Replies Last Post Jan 17, 2010, 8:49 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter Firstian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.