Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting the angle of the corners of this flapping & rotating plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys,

This is a flapping and roatating plate used for simulating an insect wing. When this wing rotates as it flaps it creates torsional force. And, I wanted to plot the angle as a function of time of corners at the tip of the plate. The base has a fixed constraint. I just want tips on how to achive this and what data I need from COMSOL.

2 Replies Last Post Sep 2, 2020, 4:25 a.m. EDT
Pawan Soami COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 1, 2020, 9:35 a.m. EDT

Dear Amanuel,

If you are looking for flapping motion with respect to the rotating frame instead of combined flapping and rotation motion w.r.t fixed/spatial frame, you can use Body defining reference frame functionality in the Multibody Dynamics interface. Here the rotating body can be defined as a reference frame and results can be visualized with respect to this frame.

Best regards,
Pawan Soami

Dear Amanuel, If you are looking for flapping motion with respect to the rotating frame instead of combined flapping and rotation motion w.r.t fixed/spatial frame, you can use *Body defining reference frame* functionality in the *Multibody Dynamics* interface. Here the rotating body can be defined as a reference frame and results can be visualized with respect to this frame. Best regards, Pawan Soami

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 2, 2020, 4:25 a.m. EDT

Wonderful! Thank you very much for the great tip! I will try that!

However, I actually wanted the combined flapping and rotation motion as a function of time (temporal). Any idea on how to do that?

Wonderful! Thank you very much for the great tip! I will try that! However, I actually wanted the combined flapping and rotation motion as a function of time (temporal). Any idea on how to do that?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.