Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where do I limit the range of dependent variables?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating a space-dependent 2D gas-solid reaction system, in which solids are reactants and products. However, solids do not participate in the reaction expression and therefore, the concentrations of formed and reacted solids are computed as source terms (negative for the reagent and positive for the product) as it reacts with the gas (first order reaction), which diffuses through the solid. Therefore, I need to limit the concentration of the solid reagent to 0 and the concentration of the solid product to a defined maximum value. Where can I limit these values in Comsol Multiphysics 5.2?

1 Reply Last Post Sep 3, 2020, 2:29 a.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 3, 2020, 2:29 a.m. EDT

Hi,

In the latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.5, you can add Lower Limit and Upper Limit nodes to limit the values of the dependent variables when using a segregated solver.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi, In the latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.5, you can add **Lower Limit** and **Upper Limit** nodes to limit the values of the dependent variables when using a segregated solver. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.