Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solving stationary solver after each time step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello guys

I'm trying to model a solid that's moving through a steady background field in a background flow, I want to take into account the effect of movement of the solid after each time step so I have to use stationary solver after each time step in order to see how field has changed after solid moved. Note: there is no way to couple this field with the time dependent nature of this physics.

Thank you

3 Replies Last Post Sep 24, 2020, 7:02 a.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 16, 2020, 7:43 a.m. EDT

Hi Jason,

Could you expand a little bit more why the coupling is impossible?

My comment is perhaps a bit naïve but it seems to me that you could simply deactivate the term of the background field equation but keep its connexion to the solid to get what you want.

Hi Jason, Could you expand a little bit more why the coupling is impossible? My comment is perhaps a bit naïve but it seems to me that you could simply deactivate the \frac{\partial \cdot}{\partial t} term of the background field equation but keep its connexion to the solid to get what you want.

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 17, 2020, 9:43 a.m. EDT

Hi Alexis,

thanks for reply there is no defined multiphysics for it as I know, I have a standing accoustic wave and a flow in the background but I don't see their connection.

Hi Alexis, thanks for reply there is no defined multiphysics for it as I know, I have a standing accoustic wave and a flow in the background but I don't see their connection.

Andres Garcia COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 24, 2020, 7:02 a.m. EDT

Hi Jason,

Have you taken a look at this blog post? Perhaps this approach could be adapted to represent your model.

Thanks, Andres

Hi Jason, Have you taken a look at this [blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-fluid-structure-interaction-in-multibody-mechanisms/)? Perhaps this approach could be adapted to represent your model. Thanks, Andres

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.