Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setup Simulations without using the GUI

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a university researcher and have access to Comsol through a server. The university currently has Comsol 5.4 installed, but I need a functionality that only exists in Comsol 5.5 (viscoelastic flow simulation). I am able to run Comsol 5.5 in batch mode, but in order to setup the fluid with its viscoelastic properties, I believe I need to use the GUI, which I don't have access to. Would there be a way for me to setup a simulation without using the GUI, or in batch mode?

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post Sep 16, 2020, 8:06 a.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 16, 2020, 7:39 a.m. EDT

Hello,

Have you looked at the java or matlab API? I'm not sure how you intend to solve the 5.4 vs 5.5, but in general almost anything that can be done in the GUI can also be done in code.

Hello, Have you looked at the java or matlab API? I'm not sure how you intend to solve the 5.4 vs 5.5, but in general almost anything that can be done in the GUI can also be done in code.

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 16, 2020, 8:06 a.m. EDT

Hello,

Have you looked at the java or matlab API? I'm not sure how you intend to solve the 5.4 vs 5.5, but in general almost anything that can be done in the GUI can also be done in code.

Hi, I had never heard of those. Would you happen to have any reference that decsribes the use of APIs? Thank you.

>Hello, > >Have you looked at the java or matlab API? >I'm not sure how you intend to solve the 5.4 vs 5.5, but in general almost anything that can be done in the GUI can also be done in code. Hi, I had never heard of those. Would you happen to have any reference that decsribes the use of APIs? Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.