Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

just a simple wave.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am brand new to comsol, and simulation in general. I just can not simulate a single wave in the time dependant study.
For example I just build a rectangle of 5 of width and 1 of height, with a wave equation ruling the model, then I let the zero flux condition on all boudaries but one on which I apply a source term sin(10t[1/s)] for example. Then I mesh, very thin, then I compute , and then I look. The first wave front looks great, but after few seconds, later wave fronts collapse, still keeping a smooth shape, and waiting fewer seconds leads me to observe a nice crash of computation, I can now see the triangles defining the shape, and the wave no more looks like a truncated sine, but more like a blurry noise.

What should I do to have a good wave?

Best.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 5, 2012, 8:38 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Benoit Avril

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.