Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D Probe Plot based on result from two Domain Point Probes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to create a plot which I feel should be easy to do but haven't been able to figure it out from Help or the Support Forum.

I would like to create a 1D Probe Plot which displays the difference between two Domain Point Probes. For example with ppb1 at x:0.5, y:0.5 and ppb2 at x:1, y:0.5 both with their Point Probe Expressions set to V. I would like to plot the difference between ppb1 and ppb2, therefore giving me the voltage difference between x=0.5 and x=1. Do I have direct access to the ppb variables? If so, where do I go under Results to enter an equation based upon them and subsequently create a 1D plot based on its result?

I've seen some Support Forum information on how to take differences between Geometric Points/Boundaries but I haven't found anything that gives an example on how take a difference at a particular point inside a Domain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 18, 2012, 5:03 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brian Gow

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.