Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

90 degrees phase shift

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There are two inputs and two outputs to microring resonator, in that two inputs, one input i will give directly and i want ton give another input with 90 degrees phase shift ,how can i give

3 Replies Last Post May 18, 2012, 2:36 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago May 15, 2012, 11:18 p.m. EDT
I presume you are using "port" boundary conditions, with driving terms, in frequency domain. If so, just drive one of the ports by "1" and the other by "i" and they will be 90 degrees apart (since "i" is 90 degrees past "1").
I presume you are using "port" boundary conditions, with driving terms, in frequency domain. If so, just drive one of the ports by "1" and the other by "i" and they will be 90 degrees apart (since "i" is 90 degrees past "1").

Posted: 1 decade ago May 16, 2012, 3:12 a.m. EDT
Is it really possible to drive two ports simultaneously?
Is it really possible to drive two ports simultaneously?

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago May 18, 2012, 2:36 p.m. EDT
Yes.
Yes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.