Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I avoid the interference between the deflected structures

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm using comsol to do static analysis for a cantilever beam. I used a relatively large force to press the beam toward the substrate, I expected the deformation of the beam tip would stop at the substrate, but according to the value I got, it already penetrated the substrate.
Has anybody had this problem before?
How can I avoid it?

The attached picture shows another structure. A load is added at the upper surface in the middle, the deflection will cause the upper inner surface of the channel touch the bottom when the force is large enough, but in my simulation, it goes beyond the bottom, how can I solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post May 22, 2012, 12:00 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 22, 2012, 12:00 p.m. EDT
Anybody can help me out?

Maybe I didn't make it clear?
Anybody can help me out? Maybe I didn't make it clear?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.