Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Set initial values in Global Equations ODEs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to Comsol 4.3. I used "transport of diluted species' to solve the concentration profile. Then I want to use boundary ODEs to solve several ODEs. For one of the ODEs, the initial value is the result of the concentration profile in the previous study. How I can possible input the previous solution in the initial value (u_0); field. Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post May 31, 2012, 7:45 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 28, 2012, 4:24 a.m. EDT
Hi

Well I do not believe we are many out here with 4.3 yet, I tried to open it, no way ;)

BUT WORSE IT HANG MY COMSOL 4.2A, I HAD TO KILL MY PROCESS !!

Hey COMSOL developpers, YOU should test that and exit/refuse gracefully such a case, and NOT HANG THE HOLE PC !!!

(hopefully they will hear us ;=)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well I do not believe we are many out here with 4.3 yet, I tried to open it, no way ;) BUT WORSE IT HANG MY COMSOL 4.2A, I HAD TO KILL MY PROCESS !! Hey COMSOL developpers, YOU should test that and exit/refuse gracefully such a case, and NOT HANG THE HOLE PC !!! (hopefully they will hear us ;=) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2012, 6:52 a.m. EDT
Hi,
this bug related to opening files of future versions was fixed in version 4.3. The new release is being sent out now and some territories have not received it yet.

If you are in urgent need of the new version, please contact your COMSOL sales representative.

kind regards
Niklas
Hi, this bug related to opening files of future versions was fixed in version 4.3. The new release is being sent out now and some territories have not received it yet. If you are in urgent need of the new version, please contact your COMSOL sales representative. kind regards Niklas

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2012, 7:45 a.m. EDT
Hi Niklas

Good to hear, then it's probably in the post somewhere on its way :)

--
Having (almost) fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Niklas Good to hear, then it's probably in the post somewhere on its way :) -- Having (almost) fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.