Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where to find the description of the domain variables for RF module in the help system?

Maxim Electromobility

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am looking for a list of domain variables with their definitions for RF module. In documentation of COMSOL3.5a there is a Table " Table 2-2: Common Application Mode subdomain Variables" with such description in " Application Mode Reference > Electromagnetic Waves > Common Variables for the Application Modes". I cannot find analogous table in documentation of COMSOL 4.2a.

I discovered that in 4.2a there is no more normPoav variable (time average power flow, norm), so I decided to take a look at the complete list of variable. But surprisingly I cannot find any of the definitions. Do anyone know where this list is?

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies Last Post Jun 10, 2012, 5:52 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 4, 2012, 10:59 a.m. EDT
Hi

from my knowledge the only place is in the "equation view" comments list for 4.2, but I expect that will arrive in the new v4.3 doc, if not perhaps on next release.
Many of the names are close to the 3.5 ones with the additional v4 "." prefixes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my knowledge the only place is in the "equation view" comments list for 4.2, but I expect that will arrive in the new v4.3 doc, if not perhaps on next release. Many of the names are close to the 3.5 ones with the additional v4 "." prefixes -- Good luck Ivar

Maxim Electromobility

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 9, 2012, 5:32 p.m. EDT
Thank you very much for your reply Ivar!

It sounds strange to me that there is no definition description in the help system of comsol. Thus, strictly speaking we do not know what each quantity means, and have to guess. :) And still there are some changes in the names of quantities from 3.5a to 4.2a versions, for instance I did not find normPoav in 4.2a.

I hope the description will be added soon.
Thank you very much for your reply Ivar! It sounds strange to me that there is no definition description in the help system of comsol. Thus, strictly speaking we do not know what each quantity means, and have to guess. :) And still there are some changes in the names of quantities from 3.5a to 4.2a versions, for instance I did not find normPoav in 4.2a. I hope the description will be added soon.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 10, 2012, 5:52 a.m. EDT
Hi

I fully agree, but as it existed in v3.5 I'm rather confident it will come back in v4 once.
If you look at the job COMSOL has done to go from v3.5 to v4 I have no problem to understand that the exaustive list takes some time to come out in print.

On the other side you have the lists you can get with the CNTRL Space or the pull-down menus, as well as the lists in the Equation nodes (must be turned on in the preferences or the view settings) so we are not fully left alone ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I fully agree, but as it existed in v3.5 I'm rather confident it will come back in v4 once. If you look at the job COMSOL has done to go from v3.5 to v4 I have no problem to understand that the exaustive list takes some time to come out in print. On the other side you have the lists you can get with the CNTRL Space or the pull-down menus, as well as the lists in the Equation nodes (must be turned on in the preferences or the view settings) so we are not fully left alone ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.