Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error 6164

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i want to know the command error is what

i run the simulation program and the result is

error 6164
duplicted variable name
variable utx
variable uty

thanks for attention.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 10, 2012, 5:55 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 10, 2012, 5:55 a.m. EDT
Hi

COMSOL has many internal names utx and uty are from my understanding "u" displacement time derivative and spatial derivative along x (guess from the name, you must check in the physics to be sure)

Could it be that you have defined your own variables with these names ?.

I always try to use "specific" long names for my variables, but I agree I find it slightly annoying that COMSOl does not have a more systematic way to identify its own and the users variable names

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL has many internal names utx and uty are from my understanding "u" displacement time derivative and spatial derivative along x (guess from the name, you must check in the physics to be sure) Could it be that you have defined your own variables with these names ?. I always try to use "specific" long names for my variables, but I agree I find it slightly annoying that COMSOl does not have a more systematic way to identify its own and the users variable names -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.