Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Metasurface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating a structure which contains 28 micrometer thick silica substrate and on top of it i have 1nm thin grephene layer. grephene complex permittivity is given in the paper which depends on thickness of gephene layer. I am facing difficulty in meshing this structure. wavelengths are in THz region. How to mesh in this case.

4 Replies Last Post Aug 15, 2021, 1:52 a.m. EDT

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 11, 2021, 6:20 p.m. EDT

You can upload your model here. There are experts in this forum, who can help you.

You can upload your model here. There are experts in this forum, who can help you.

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 12, 2021, 2:54 a.m. EDT

I am working on this paper. https://www.osapublishing.org/ome/fulltext.cfm?uri=ome-10-2-369&id=425797 I am facing problem in messing. Thank you

I am working on this paper. https://www.osapublishing.org/ome/fulltext.cfm?uri=ome-10-2-369&id=425797 I am facing problem in messing. Thank you

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 12, 2021, 9:45 a.m. EDT

This model requires user defined meshing. You have 1 nm ultra-thin layer which requires highly dense mesh. I think this layer should have the maximum mesh size of [1/5] nm to correctly resolve.

This model requires user defined meshing. You have 1 nm ultra-thin layer which requires highly dense mesh. I think this layer should have the maximum mesh size of [1/5] nm to correctly resolve.

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 15, 2021, 1:52 a.m. EDT

But 1/5 nm messing taking lots of time ( in hours) . Is there any other way to implement it like transition boundary condition or something else.

But 1/5 nm messing taking lots of time ( in hours) . Is there any other way to implement it like transition boundary condition or something else.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.