Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model about metal-insulator-metal plasmonic filter (V4.2a)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone,
Firstly thanks for your viewing!
The aim of the simulation is to model the transmission, reflection and absorption of the metal-insulator-metal (MIM) structure.
Attached please find the model built by V4.2a.
By use of boundary mode analysis and frequency domain analysis,
the results obtained is different from the results in the paper.
Could anyone help me to check it and give me some suggestions?

Sorry for attaching the wrong model.
MIM_Port.mph is based on boundary mode analysis and frequency domain analysis.
(MIM.mph is based on the PML layer)

Million thanks!

Regards
Marvin

3 Replies Last Post Jun 25, 2012, 6:22 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 23, 2012, 3:17 p.m. EDT
when I add the PML around the structure, the results close to that in the paper.
Yet there still exists some differences.
Anyone could please help me to check?
Thanks!
when I add the PML around the structure, the results close to that in the paper. Yet there still exists some differences. Anyone could please help me to check? Thanks!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 24, 2012, 2:31 a.m. EDT
Hi

have you checked the sensitivity to your mesh ?, you need often a very smooth and dense mesh

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked the sensitivity to your mesh ?, you need often a very smooth and dense mesh -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 25, 2012, 6:22 a.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,

Thanks for your suggestion!
I have try to make a dense mesh, yet the reuslts keep unsimilar with that of the paper.
On the other hand, I added the PML around the structure, and inceased the dimension of PML, the results is seen in the attched, which is a little same with the results in the paper.
Anyway, i will try to find the mistake in the model.

Regards!
Marvin

Dear Ivar, Thanks for your suggestion! I have try to make a dense mesh, yet the reuslts keep unsimilar with that of the paper. On the other hand, I added the PML around the structure, and inceased the dimension of PML, the results is seen in the attched, which is a little same with the results in the paper. Anyway, i will try to find the mistake in the model. Regards! Marvin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.