Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Working with a non-converged stationary solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm simulating a time-dependent nonlinear electromagnetics problem, where I use a stationary solution as my intial value. Since I updated to COMSOL 5.6, the stationary problem no longer converges. I used to have the relative tolerance at 1e-12, and have tried several different values of the relative tolerance, without the stationary solution converging. (I've also tried some different settings as well but summarizing all of those would be a minor essay.)

I can see on the convergence plot that COMSOL always finds a solutions which is almost reaching the convergence criterias, for all relative tolerances I've tried that are <1e-10, see attached file. Is there someway I can retrieve that almost-finished solution and use as initial value in my time-dependent simulation?

Other ideas on why the stationary solver is not converging is also welcome.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 23, 2021, 2:36 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anna Frost

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.