Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with condensation model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model basic condensation of water vapor on an aluminum sheet in COMSOL. However, the current simulation I have does not change temperature and both the water vapor and aluminum have the same temperature and I do not know how to change this. Are there any better tutorials for this than the evaporative cooling tutorial or the condensation detection in an electronic device tutorial? I have worked through both of those but I still do not understand how to properly utilize the water vapor physics or what the best approach for my simulation might be. Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 4, 2021, 10:11 p.m. EDT
Amin Kazemi Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Toronto

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Nov 4, 2021, 10:11 p.m. EDT

You must use a two phase flow module. Also, the aluminum sheet should have a lower temperature in order for condensation to take place. Maybe I could help more if you shared your model.

You must use a two phase flow module. Also, the aluminum sheet should have a lower temperature in order for condensation to take place. Maybe I could help more if you shared your model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.