Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface Reactions Interface

Maria Fernanda Guzmán

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I'm trying to model an electrode with an adsorbed species in its surface, and also, I have an electrolyte surrounding the system. I need to model the redox reactions occurring beetween the electrolyte, the electrode and the species adsborbed. I'm thinking of using the "Surface Reactions Interface" together with other interfaces, but I'm new using Comsol and I'm not sure how to do it. I'm reading all about the surface reactions interface in the "help" of Comsol but I don't understand some things, like what is the "Reaction reate, R" and if the bulk species they mention would be the electrolyte surrounding the system.

If anyone can explain me a little how this interface works and what are the important parameters I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post Jul 5, 2012, 6:29 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 5, 2012, 6:29 p.m. EDT
Hi,
its not gonna be work, try other approaches..
cheers
Hi, its not gonna be work, try other approaches.. cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.