Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

livelink for autocad 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
i am trying to use com sol and import my geometric from auto cad 2012 to com sol4.2a but i can not find the direction .I mean before I used com sol 4.3 and by right click on geometric i could find the link.but do he same for com sol 4.2a but i can not find it?

my next question is :is there any way to open com sol 4.3 file to comsol4.2a?

1 Reply Last Post Jun 30, 2012, 3:49 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2012, 3:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

COMSOL as many other programs is only "upward compatible" but you can save the geometry from 4.3 nto a 4.2 or even 3.5a (pls check) compatible format.

Then mostly the model is quickly rebuild, what for me takes far more time is to set up all the postprocessing, that is now where I spend 2/3 of my time if not more, modelling and solving has become rapid and "easy" even for complex parts

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL as many other programs is only "upward compatible" but you can save the geometry from 4.3 nto a 4.2 or even 3.5a (pls check) compatible format. Then mostly the model is quickly rebuild, what for me takes far more time is to set up all the postprocessing, that is now where I spend 2/3 of my time if not more, modelling and solving has become rapid and "easy" even for complex parts -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.