Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cannot Open COMSOL with "An Unexpected Error Occured"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi everyone

Yesterday, I used Comsol normally, but today I can not open it anymore. It gives me this error and its details:

"An unexpected error occurred."

2021-10-27T15:08:00.730+08:00 Using locale: en_US 2021-10-27T15:08:01.172+08:00 InitNativeRenderDevice with screenDpi:96 2021-10-27T15:08:01.172+08:00 D:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\ext\graphicsmagick\win64;D:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\lib\win64;D:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\bin\win64;D:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL54\Multiphysics\java\win64\jre\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;E:\ProgramData\Anaconda3;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;D:\MATLAB\R2021a\bin;C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts\;C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\;C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;E:\PyCharm Community Edition 2019.2\bin;;E:\ProgramData\Anaconda3;E:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\bin;E:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin;E:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Scripts; 2021-10-27T15:08:35.797+08:00 算术运算导致溢出。 2021-10-27T15:08:35.804+08:00 在 System.Windows.Shell.WindowChromeWorker._HandleNCHitTest(WM uMsg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) 在 System.Windows.Shell.WindowChromeWorker._WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) 在 System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) 在 MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) 在 MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o) 在 System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) 在 System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

is there anyone has some ideas about this problem ? Many thanks Liwei

2 Replies Last Post Oct 27, 2021, 10:11 p.m. EDT

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 27, 2021, 7:48 a.m. EDT

try to delete .comsol folder(directory) in C:\users{your account}\

and reopen COMSOL program.

If you have more problem, contact to COMSOL support.

try to delete .comsol folder(directory) in C:\users\{your account}\ and reopen COMSOL program. If you have more problem, contact to COMSOL support.

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 27, 2021, 10:11 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Oct 27, 2021, 10:11 p.m. EDT

Hi Tae Eun,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I've deleted the .comsol and reopen it. The method worked at the begining. But after a while the error was reported again.

Best, Liwei

Hi Tae Eun, Thanks for your suggestion. I've deleted the .comsol and reopen it. The method worked at the begining. But after a while the error was reported again. Best, Liwei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.