Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

T_boundary ≠ T_boundary_condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo,

In my simplified 2d-square model I defined the upper boundary to have a temperature boundary condition of a measured temperature signal (over time) of the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI) so I expext that after running the temperature signal (over time) of the upper boundary is exactly the same as the T_KNMI plot.

Unfortunately this is not the case.

Can someone please help me out? (see attached model)

Kind regards, Simone

3 Replies Last Post Mar 4, 2022, 4:44 a.m. EST
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 3, 2022, 7:50 a.m. EST

Comsol doesn't know how and when your data are changing. Look at your settings for time-stepping. Use intermediate or strict and specify a time step that corresponds to your KNMI data.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Comsol doesn't know how and when your data are changing. Look at your settings for time-stepping. Use intermediate or strict and specify a time step that corresponds to your KNMI data.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 3, 2022, 9:10 a.m. EST
Updated: 2 years ago Mar 3, 2022, 9:42 a.m. EST

Hello Simone,

Are you specifying the time steps taken by the solver, rather than relying on automatic time-stepping? If not, you should, to ensure that they are small enough to capture the variations in your inputs.

Best,

Jeff

/Edit: Looks like Lars beat me to it :) /

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Simone, Are you specifying the time steps taken by the solver, rather than relying on automatic time-stepping? If not, you should, to ensure that they are small enough to capture the variations in your inputs. Best, Jeff /Edit: Looks like Lars beat me to it :) /

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 4, 2022, 4:44 a.m. EST

Thank you very much, It worked!

Thank you very much, It worked!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.