Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Plot Distance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Walter Frei published a blog "How to Compute Distances Between Objects in COMSOL Multiphysics" (https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-compute-distances-between-objects-in-comsol-multiphysics/) which is great but completely passes over the question of how do I generate the plots that he shows. The only place I can see to make plots is down in the results section and it won't do anything without a dataset and, of course, I don't have one because all I have is some geometry and some functions. I have been unable to find the part in the manual that describes how this can be done. Can someone please point me int he right direction

1 Reply Last Post Mar 28, 2022, 7:02 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 28, 2022, 7:02 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Mar 28, 2022, 7:50 a.m. EDT

The probably fastest way to generate a dataset, so that you can create plots, is to add an Empty Study, and then click on Get Initial Values.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
The probably fastest way to generate a dataset, so that you can create plots, is to add an *Empty Study*, and then click on *Get Initial Values*.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.