capacitance of parallel plate capacitors
Posted Jun 22, 2022, 1:47 p.m. EDT Electromagnetics Version 6.0 0 Replies
Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam
Hi, I'm new to Comsol. I want to calculate the capacitance of parallel plate capacitors. Here are the steps.
- set two blocks with distance.
- set a sphere to surround the blocks.
- use Difference to subtract blocks from the sphere.
- set the blocks to be silicon and sphere to be air.
- set one block to be terminal 1 with 1V, another is ground.
- use Stationary Study to compute. so far, everything is fine. But when i try to sweep the distance between two plates, the capacitance does'nt change. Can somebody help me to find the problem?