Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to edit pre-defined equations, such as Navier-stokes?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

Briefly, i'm designing a hydrogen storage tank, which has porous metal hydride bed inside. For the momentum conservation at the porous area, I need to use the given equation below. It seems that physics interface of "Brinkman Equation" gives a similar form of Navier-stokes equation. However, I need to remove a certain term as I marked in the image below so that the equation to be exactly same shown above.

I am aware of the "Equation View" option, but still got stuck... or shall I use the equation-based modelling such as Mathematics physics interface?

Many thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post Jul 10, 2022, 8:48 a.m. EDT
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 9, 2022, 7:16 a.m. EDT

Make sure you have a geometry associated with the physics first. Then go to the physics node and modify the weak form of it. You will get a padlock symbol on that node to indicate that something has changed.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Make sure you have a geometry associated with the physics first. Then go to the physics node and modify the weak form of it. You will get a padlock symbol on that node to indicate that something has changed.

Posted: 2 years ago Jul 10, 2022, 8:48 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Jul 10, 2022, 10:52 a.m. EDT

Hello René,

Thank you for the reply. I found the equation at the weak expression table. In order to change 'only' the pre-defined equation, am I supposed to modify the expression in the weak expression only? Not the variables?

Hello René, Thank you for the reply. I found the equation at the weak expression table. In order to change 'only' the pre-defined equation, am I supposed to modify the expression in the weak expression only? Not the variables?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.