Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creeping flow, inflating device. Inlet works only for coarser meshes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm pretty new to COMSOL Multiphysics, so there is probably some trivial issue I'm not getting.

I'm modelling a cross section of a polyethilene channel getting filled with water (I'm using an inlet at constant pressure and it inflates until the pressure drop gets to zero). Right now I can get it to inflate if I use the extremely coarse mesh option, but for finer meshes it does not work (I used a domain probe, for finer meshes it does not register anything). Any idea on what I'm not getting? I think it's either the meshes (I tried to play with the sequence, with no results) or some boundary condition maybe? Any advice is welcome.

Even when I inflate it, the simulation does not converge, but that does not really worry me for the moment. In case it may be useful, this is the error it gets when it stops: "Undefined value found in the equation residual vector. There are 3 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.spatial.u."

I can upload the model if needed

0 Replies Last Post Aug 8, 2022, 9:51 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Beniamino Rocchi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.